What sounds more like Fall to you? Giant Pumpkins, flannel shirts, scarecrows, or viewing the fall foliage from a bi-plane ride? How about all of that and more?
- Wear your best Flannel! You are going to see plaid everywhere in downtown Middletown on October 1st! This First Friday celebration is all about fall comfort. Don your favorite flannel clothes and your favorite beanie. Visit the pumpkin Patch and pick out the best pumpkin to take home. Warm up by the fire and roast s’mores with your friends. For the kiddies there is a pumpkin painting class. The grown-ups can take the spiked cider/cider beer tour at the local bars.
- Gawk at some giant pumpkins. Ok, they are technically giant squash but who cares when they get carved into amazing designs?! The Operation Pumpkin festival in Hamilton runs October 8-10 and has everything pumpkin-related you can imagine! A Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off, pumpkin-flavored treats, a Pumpkin Wall, live music, vendors, a pet parade, and more!
- Get lost in a Corn Maze and ride down Scarecrow Lane. The Fall Farm Fest is held at Lost Creek Reserve in Miami County on October 9-10 amidst tree-lined lanes and colorful foliage. After you conquer the maze, try your hand at shooting corn from a corn cannon. Ready, aim, fire - at a couple different targets. Take a wagon ride or walk the charming farm lane lined with scarecrows created by local business, organizations and families. Take a selfie with the Riverway Scarecrow, and tag us on instagram to win a prize!
- Do your leaf peeping from the sky. You can experience the ride of a lifetime in an open cockpit bi-plane and fly over the colorful fall trees on weekends at the WACO Historical Society in Troy.
- Enjoy some good old-fashioned family fun! The Great Pumpkin Roll Festival is October 16 in Franklin. Wear your favorite costume and bring the kids for trunk-or treat. You will see shows by the Cincinnati Zoo, watch the Great 4th Street Pumpkin Roll, play games, enjoy the food trucks, and find the best one at the pumpkin patch.
- Scary and spooky more your style? Then the highly-anticipated Historic Haunted Theater in Sidney is perfect for you. On October 13-17 and 20-22 you can start with Part 1 - a family-friendly spooking - and then have the option to continue to Part 2 where the true scaring begins. Only want to be a little spooked? Visit Patterson Homestead on October 31 for their All-Hallow's Eve Tea. Join costumed interpreters for an authentic three-course tea service. Maybe the Patterson's will join you.
Check out the Great Miami Riverway Events Calendar for more Fall Fun including Sidney's Boos and Brews Festival, Woodland Cemetary's History, Mystery, Mayhem, and Murder Tour, and find your way to a pumpkin patch - along the Great Miami Riverway!