The Great Miami Riverway is more than just a river - it's a regional destination in southwest Ohio that includes paved trails and connected communities where you can hike beautiful trails, cycle the bike trail, and find your way through charming downtowns.
Great Miami Riverway | email@example.com | 937-223-1271
The Great Miami Riverway...
- creates jobs
- supports economic development
- strengthens our communities
In 2019, the Riverway...
- generated a $773 million tourism impact
- sustained 9,110 jobs
- created $219 million in personal income
- invested $16 million in riverfront developments
- built 118 new luxury apartments overlooking the Great Miami River
- cleared 130 acres for development
The Great Miami Riverway builds on strengths...
- $43 billion Ohio tourism market
- $13 million economic impact Miami Valley Trail System
- $2.8 billion direct tourism sales 5-county region
- 47,758 tourism jobs 5-county region
- 200,000 higher education students in over 20 colleges and universities
- $24 million local/state government revenue from arts and culture
Complete Fact Sheet
- National Aviation Heritage Area
- National Water Trail
- National Recreation Trail
- Largest Paved Trail Network in America
- Main Street America
- Top Ten Auto Museum
- USA Today Favorite Steakhouse
- National Top Ten Bourbon Bar
- U.S. Bicycle Route 50
- North Country Trail
What People Are Saying
"Great Miami River helps bring millions of dollars to the Miami Valley economy"
"(Next) Best Paddling Towns: Dayton, OH"
"8 ways to eat, drink and adventure the riverway this year"
"Leaders hear progress of Great Miami Riverway"
"The Great Miami River could be the next big destination in Hamilton. Here's why."
"The Great Miami River hopes to boost tourism in the Miami Valley"
"New kiosks coming to bike path along the Great Miami Riverway"
Who is part of the Great Miami Riverway?
The Great Miami Riverway is a coalition of 19 organizations from Sidney to Hamilton. Visit our Members page for a full list of partners.
Is the Great Miami Riverway the same as the Riverfront Master Plan?
No. The Riverway sits on many of the working committees for our communities' master plans, but individual communities or organizations are the leaders on those plans.
Who is in charge of the Great Miami Riverway?
The Great Miami Riverway is managed by a coalition of city, county, nonprofit, and regional organizations.
Where is the Great Miami Riverway located?
We represent a 99-mile stretch along the Great Miami River from Sidney to Hamilton - including a mile off each river shore to include our communities. Our physical office is located within the Miami Conservancy District in downtown Dayton.
How can I join the Great Miami Riverway?
Great question! Head over to our Join page for more information.